I don’t know about you but I love nothing more then to see a movie, hear a song, read a book or look through a collection of photos that not only lift up the curvy woman but all women in general.
A woman’s body is a beautiful thing and yet it gets such hatred and judgement thrown at it every day.
I know this is not just a me problem but a we problem.
Yes it starts with finding a way to love yourself but it ends with society, as whole, figuring out that hate does not do a body good.
So how can we as a society learn to accept and respect our bodies?
By submerging ourselves in a world of body acceptance.
This is not just a movement that is going to run its course and die out.
Body Acceptance & Body Love are hear to stay.
So, what do I mean when I say submerge yourself in it?
- Look up “Body Acceptance” on the internet to see all the different viewpoints on it.
- Search through some body acceptance #hashtags to see what people are saying on social media. ( #LoveYourLines , #effyourbeautystandards , #bodydiversity , #bodypositive , #curvy , #beautybeyondsize , #fatshion , #curvyliving )
- Find websites that dedicate themselves to helping others learn to love and accept their bodies and how to improve your health in a positive way.
- Look for books that talk about being plus size and being happy.
- Follow people on social media that are public figures for body acceptance and curvy/plus size people.
- Watch YouTube videos and Ted talks that explain why it’s important to stop hating yourself.
- Find movies that portray plus size people in a positive light.
- Listen to songs that celebrates your body.
- Openly talk about body acceptance and being plus sized with your families and friends. (The more we talk about something the less taboo that something becomes.)
- If you are too afraid to do that then keep a journal where you can write down all your thoughts on the subject. Don’t forget to include all your questions and worries. It really does help.
These are just a few ways to do this. There are many more avenues to explore in the body acceptance world.
Listed below are some plus size and body acceptance projects that have just entered the market or are in the works for 2015.
- Fattitude The Movie
- The Adipositivity Project
- Pudge PDX – Body Empowerment
- The Self Love Project
- The Body Love Conference
- Operation Beautiful
Monday @ 9 am “Upcoming Conferences and Conventions for Writers for Romance Writers”
- How do you feel about the Body Positive, Body Acceptance and Body Love movements?
- Do you know of any projects, movies, books, websites, etc… that I should check out?
- How do you feel about your body?