There is nothing more exciting then a book you’ve been waiting for to finally be released.
What is it like to be in love with a book series?
- You stumble upon a gem of a story and fall in love with the characters, the world and the author who created it.
- Then you spend countless months and sometimes even years brooding over the need to know more and read more about that world.
- Out of no where, you hear about another installment making its way to a bookstore near you, your heart skips a beat and you walk around town with the biggest smile on your face.
- When publication day finally arrives you feel like a kid on Christmas morning. It’s here! It’s here! It’s finely here!
- Next thing you know you are holed up in your house devouring every scene, ever word, forgetting about the need to eat or even pee. Nothing exists but the pages in the book.
- You enjoy it so much that you read all 500 plus pages in one sitting even though it kept you up till the next morning
- When you finally close the book a sigh escapes your lips and a wistful smile appears upon your face.
- Then a sinking feeling comes crashing over you because you realized you just finished the book you had waited so long for.
- Let the brooding and waiting begin…again.
Yeah, it makes me smile just thinking about it.
My number one author that I love is Karen Marie Moning (KMM). Her Fever series is a must read that will compel you to finish it in one sitting (caution: your body will not thank you for this). Her heroine Mac is funny and relatable and her “Hero” (for lack of a better word), Barrons, will haunt your fantasies.
Once, during one of my brooding/waiting periods, I went back over the books that had been published and wrote down all the sentences that Barrons said because I was just so enamored and it seemed like the thing to do to get my “fill” of him. lol I’m shaking my head as I type this because it’s not like I had a whole lot of free time on my hands and I can’t imagine what some poor unsuspecting relative is going to think when they uncover that notebook after I’m dead and gone!
I can’t even explain what it is about Jericho Barron’s that made me fall so hard…. I just know that I did and that you wont understand until you read it for yourself.
There are currently 7 books (although I don’t consider Iced, the 6th book, to be part of Mac & Barron’s story. To me it’s more like a spin-off but great non-the-less).
There was a space of 1,463 days between book #5 and book #7 where I was left without my Barrons. In case you were wondering, that’s:
- 35,112 hours
- 2,106,720 minutes
- 126,403,200 seconds
(but who’s counting…)
So, as you can guess I couldn’t go that whole time without reading.
What’s a girl to do when she’s waiting on her book boyfriend’s author to churn out another masterpiece?
Why, she looks for another book boyfriend to fill the void, ofcourse.
Where do you go to find your next favorite book?
- Amazon: Where you can browse their categories, read over the customer created lists, and check out their recommendations based off of what you’ve already bought.
- GoodReads: Where pretty much any and every book every published is listed. You can find descriptions, book trailers, detailed lists for anything you are looking for and countless reviews.
- RT Book Reviews: Where you can read their blog, their top picks, any upcoming releases, etc…
- Your Favorite online Book Review Blog
- Your Local Library: Where you can walk up to any librarian and ask them what romance books they love. Be prepared for a long long list lol
There’s no excuse to ever be without a great book!
Unfortunately, Burned was just released last month and I’ve already read it. So now I’m in for another long wait. That’s OK because it will totally be worth it. It always is!
So to fill up my time these are the following books that I’m looking forward to reading this year (some will be new releases while others have been around awhile and I’m just getting my hands on them).
Dead Ice by Laurell K. Hamilton (Book #24 in the Anita Blake Series. This author and series are my #2 most favorite of all time)
Forbidden Flaws by Pepper Winters
and many many more….
To check out more romance books on my to-be-read list click: Romance Readers Challenge 2015
Friday @ 9 am “A List of Upcoming Books, Movies and Project for Plus Size Women”
Monday @ 9 am “Upcoming Conferences and Conventions for Writers for Romance Writers”
- Are you a fan of the Fever Series?
- Have you read any of the books on my to-be-read list?
- Do you have any book suggestions for me?
3 thoughts on “51 Romance Books I Can’t Wait To Read in 2015”