There is nothing like a writing contest to either give you confidence to move on with your writing or give you doubts!
A writing contest, done right, will not only give you valuable feedback on what you are working on but will also give you the kind of exposure necessary to get your foot in the door with agents and publishers.
Let’s not forget the benefit of winning cash prizes as well 😉
Here is a list of just some of the writing contests offered this year.
Take a moment and browse through the list to see if there is anything that calls out to you.
Click on each name to learn about their contests fees, guidelines and prizes.
- Some of these contests are Romance only while others are open to all genres of fiction.
- There are also contests that are only open to those who become members of that organization.
- Some have fees and some don’t
2015 Fiction & Romance Writing Contests
If you didn’t see anything that tickled your fancy check out these great websites for more in-depth lists:
- Christopher Fielden Short Story Competitions
- Freelance Writing Fiction Contests
- Poets and Writers Contests,Grants and Awards
- Stephie Smith Current Contests
- Writers-Editors Writing Contests
- Writer’s Relief List of Writing Contests
Are you new to the world of online writing contests?
Please take a moment to read SFWA’s Writer’s Beware webpage of helpful advice and links about writing contest scams.
Wednesday @ 9 am “51 Romance Books I Can’t Wait to Read in 2015”
Friday @ 9 am “A List of Upcoming Books, Movies and Project for Plus Size Women”
- Have you ventured into the ever exciting and somewhat stressful world of Writing Contests?
- If so did you have a positive or negative experience?
- Are there any contests that you feel I should include here on this list?