Everyone loves a hero but what about those heroes disguised as villains?
Have you ever read a romance novel where the hero of the story was clearly a villain?
I have and I admit, that type of “hero” is my favorite.
Give me a man who is imperfect, real, rough around the edges but soft in the center of his soul and I’m a fan for life.
I don’t know what it is about a romance story that uses a villain as the hero but It just sinks deep into my soul.
For some reason dark characters have more depth and depth is what I crave.
If you are fan of dark characters, heroes disguised as villains or just looking for a different kind of romance story check out the following:
***Warning: Some of these books are very graphic. There could be rough sex, uncomfortable situations and topics that make you cringe. Read with caution***
- Angelfall by Susan Ee (YA)
- Brood of Bones by A.E. Marling
- Crimson Kiss by Trisha Baker
- Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge (YA)
- Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning
- Darkyn’s Mate by Lizzy Ford (Book #3 of the Rhyn Eternal Series)
- Death Angel: A Novel by Linda Howard
- Deviant by Jaimie Roberts
- Halfway To The Grave by Jeaniene Frost
- If You Deceive by Kresley Cole (Book #3 from the MacCarrick Brothers Series)
- Lothaire by Kresley Cole (From the Immortals After Dark Series)
- Outlaw by Nicole James
- Prisoner of My Desire by Johanna Lindsey
- Reapers Property by Joanna Wylde
- The Darkangel by Meredith Ann Pierce
- The Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas (Book #3 of the Wallflowers Series)
- The Goblin King by Heather Killough-Walden
- The Taker by Alma Katsu
- The Tale of the Vampire Bride by Rhiannon Frater
- Touch of Power (Healer) by Maria V. Snyder (YA)
Jericho is a mystery wrapped up in a chiseled “take shit from no one” body, that oozes darkness and desire. He’s masculine, sexual, dark, secretive and intense.
Barrons is not a hero by any stretch of the imagination, he’s not even human. He is selfish, rude and takes what he wants when he wants it without regard to anyone else. Or so he would like you to think.
Deep down he is a very complex man, who values loyalty and “family” above all else and will go to the ends of the earth and beyond to be there for those he cares about.
Plain and simple… he melts my heart and haunts my dreams.
I once found myself rereading all the books in the series just so i could highlight every page where he talked or thought something. Why? Because I was just that obsessed.
This is the man I see when I read the fever series.
This is the dark hero who has stolen my heart.
Friday @ 9am “Plus Size Actresses and the Characters They Play”
Monday @ 9am “Writing Books, Tools and Tips I Couldn’t Write Without”
- Do you have a dark hero that haunts your dreams? If so, who is it?
- What do you think about heroes who are more like villains?
- Would you read a series where the hero was actually the villain and not just a dark hero?