It’s good to say “I’m me. I love myself whether I’m plus size, skinny or somewhere in between. ”
It’s good to know deep down that you are enough and that the best thing you could for yourself and your body is to love it unconditionally.
However, sometimes saying and believing it just aren’t enough.
In those times, it helps to surround yourself with people who are trying to learn and support the same message. That’s when local events, workshops and online classes come
Just like going to book fairs & reading events (check out Reader Events 2016 ) for readers and writing conventions and retreats (check out Writer Events 2016 ) for writers; plus size and body positive events can be a great way to learn something new, make some great lifelong connections and have fun.
Below are events both online and off that I have found. I’ve listed the events that take place offline by state then by date while the online events are placed in order by date. This list will be added to as I learn of new events.
- Be Body Positive Workshop March 19 in Berkeley, CA
- Body Love for Moms Retreat May 21 & June 25 in Wheat Ridge, CO
District of Columbia
- District of Curves Full Figured Fashion Showcase April 23 in Washington, D.C.
- TCFStyle Brunch Series August 12-13 in Atlanta, GA
- STOP the Food Fight May 21 in Wellington, KS
- Curves Rock Fashion Weekend July 21-24 in Baltimore, MD
- Curves & Confidence BBW Runway Show April 10 in Kansas City, MO
- Queen Size Swap: Spring 2016 April 10 in Troy, NY
- Full Figured Fashion Week (fffweek) June 12-18 in New York, NY
- The Curvy Con June 17-18 in New York, NY
- The Antidote Fashion Experience May 14 in Raleigh, NC
- Curvy Chic Closet April 28 – May 1 in Portland, OR
- Reclaiming Body Trust Retreat July 22-24 in Portland, OR
- Exploring Body Trust 14 Week Group Program September 13 – December 13 in Portland, OR
10 Tools to Radical Self Love Webinar March 19 with an encore on March 23
#LoseHateNotWeight BabeCamp Spring Edition April 4-30
No More Weighting e-course April 11
Fat Activism Conference October 9-11
Monday @ 9am “What are Character Aesthetic Boards?”
Wednesday @ 9am “Upcoming Romance Books I’m Excited About”
- Do you know of any plus size & body positive events I should add to the list? If so leave the information down below in the comment section.
- Have you attended a plus size or body positive event in the past? If so what was it and what did you think of it?
- What kind of plus size or body positive event would you like to see in your area?