Hello everyone, I thought I would give you a sneak peek into” Love in Sioux Falls” (my current WIP) .
Let’s get to know Kristen. She is our sassy curvy New Yorker who happens to be the heroine of the story. But don’t tell her that. She thinks love is a myth that people force themselves to believe in when they get lonely. Yeah, she’s got some issues.
I decided to let her fill out a questionnaire and post it here so that you can get a feel for who she really is. Enjoy!
- What is your name? Kris Do you have a nickname? Just call me Kris.
- What color is your hair? Brown Your Eyes? um. Greenish…I guess. I don’t know! I don’t stare at them all day long!
- What kind of distinguishing facial features do you have? Ha! At first I thought that said “disgusting”…. I have a face…. it’s plain and boring
- Do you have a birthmark? Nope Where is it? I. Don’t. Have. One. What about scars? Do emotional ones count?? How did you get them? From life
- Who are your friends and family? Niki and Niki Who do you surround yourself with? Niki Who are the people you are closest to? Niki Who do you wish you were closest to? Mark Wahlberd…The Calvin Klein years! Oh yeah baby, show me them tighty whities!
- Where were you born? In a hospital Where have you lived since then? Here on Earth Where do you call home? New York Baby!
- Where do you go when your angry? The Fridge….shut up. Don’t judge!
- What is your biggest fear? That this questionnaire will never end… Who have you told this to? You. Who would you never tell this to? Everyone Why? Because I don’t want people to think I’m lame enough to waste time filling out shit like this.
- Do you have a secret? If I do I wouldn’t tell you …. because it’s a S.E.C.R.E.T.
- What makes you laugh out loud? Niki trying to act like an adult
- When have you been in love? Love is overrated Had a broken heart? You’d have to let someone in to have a broken heart and I’m never going to let that happen.
- What is in your refrigerator right now? Last night’s dinner… Pizza. other then that I could care less. On your bedroom floor? Crap that I’m too lazy to put away On your nightstand? A book I wish I was reading right now instead of doing this. In your garbage can? Um…Trash?! Who asks questions like this!?
- Look at your feet. OK Describe what you see there. I see pillars of strength that carry me through this hard existence called life. Oh wait, no, I just see my feet.
- When you think of your childhood kitchen, what smell do you associate with it? Why? Strawberry Pancakes. Shit! Now I’m hungry.
- You are doing intense spring cleaning. HA! Yeah Right.
What is easy for you to throw out? What is difficult for you to part with? Why?
- It’s Saturday at noon. No, it’s Wednsday morning actually. What are you doing? Wishing I was in bed reading my book…
- You’re getting ready for a night out. Where are going? If I’m getting ready for a night out then that means that Niki is forcing me which means I’m about to enter into the boughs of humanity… a club. What are you wearing? Knowing Niki, something too short and too tight. Cause “you can’t show up in a club without showing off all the goods!” Who will you be with? Did a guy make this questionnaire because your listening skills are crap!
- What is one strong memory that has stuck with you from childhood? Why is it so powerful and lasting? OK, yup. Time to leave. I’m not going there with you or anyone else.
Well folks, that’s our Kristen. Witty, sarcastic and hater of anything other then her best friend, pizza and her books.
She doesn’t know it yet but life’s about to get a wee bit more interesting lol and that heart of hers might not be as safe as she thought.
Stay tuned for more sneak peeks of “Love in Sioux Falls”!
*Side Note* – I’m thinking of changing the title to “Destiny Be Damned!”. However, I will wait till I’ve climbed the revision mountain and reread the entire story to see what works best.
Who know’s, it might all come down to a vote! lol
If you want to know more about the life and people of “Love in Sioux Falls, check out my story inspiration board on Pinterest:
WIP Inspiration: Love In Sioux Falls
BTW – I got the inspiration for the questionnaire at WriteWorld (a tumblr blog dedicated to helping writers).
2 thoughts on “Who The Heck Fills These Things Out?”