As time goes on and I dive farther into this writing journey I’m finding out so many things I had no clue existed.
Like, for instance there are celebrities/famous people who have written fiction!
Sure, I knew there were markets drowning in non fiction works from famous people writing tell-all books about their life and experiences but I honestly had no idea they ventured into the fiction industry.
I wonder, did they actually write these works of fiction on their own?
Did they pine away at their laptop or typewriter hashing out plots, dialogue and characters,wracking their brains for a story that not only flows well but was entertaining to read?
Probably not. Sure, some might have taken the leap into writing on their own but for the most part I bet they used Ghost Writers.
The following is a list of famous people that have put out works of fiction.
- Farrah Abraham – In The Making (2014) *Contemporary Erotica*
- Pamela Anderson – Star (2004) *Erotica* and Star Struck (2005) *Erotica*
- Glenn Beck – The Overton Window (2010) and The Eye of Moloch (2013)
- Barbara Boxer – A Time To Run (2012) and Blind Trust (2012)
- Jimmy Buffet – Where is Joe Merchant (2003) and A Salty Piece of Land (2004)
- Ed Burns – The Dock Walloper Series (2008)
- Tim Burton – The Melancholly Death of Oyster Boy and Other Stories (1997)
- Bruce Campbell – Make Love the Bruce Campbell Way (2010)
- Naomi Campbell – Swan (1994)
- Johnny Cash – Man in White (1986)
- Lauren Conrad – L.A. Candy Series (2010) and The Fame Game Series
- Wes Craven – The Fountain Society (1999)
- Macauley Culkin – Junior (2007)
- Hilary Duff – The Elixar Series (2010)
- Bod Dylan – Tarantula (1965)
- Chris Elliot – The Shroud of the Thwacker (2006)
- Carrie Fisher – Postcards From The Edge (1987) and The Best Awful (2004)
- Isla Fisher – Seduced by Fame (1996)
- Newt Gingrich – Gettysburg: A Novel of the Civil War (2003)
- Lauren Graham – Someday, Someday, Maybe (2013)
- Gene Hackman – Wake of the Perdido Star (1999), Escape from Andersonville (2008) and Justice for None (2006)
- Ethan Hawke – The Hottest State (1996) and Ash Wednesday (2003)
- Kourtney, Kim and Khloe Kardashian – Dollhouse (2011)
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner – Rebels: City of Indra: The Story of Lex and Livia (2014)
- Hugh Laurie – The Gun Seller (1998)
- Janet Leigh – House of Destiny (1995) and Dream Factory (2002)
- John Lennon – A Spaniard In the Works (1965)
- Courtney Love – Princess Ai (2004)
- Madonna – The English Rose Series
- Michael Madsen – The Complete Poetic Workds of Michael Madsen Vol. 1 1995-2005 (2005) and Burning in Paradise (1998)
- Steve Martin – Shop Girl (2000) and The Pleasure of My Company (2004)
- Julianne Moore – Freckleface Strawberry
- Leonard Nimoy – You and I (1973), Will I Think of You (1974), Come Be With Me (1978), Warmed By Love (1983), and A Lifetime of Love (2002)*He also compiled a book of his photographs titled: The Full Body Project
- Chuck Norris – The Justice Riders (2006), A Threat to Justice (2007)
- Bill O’Reilly – Those Who Trespass: A Novel of Television and Murder (1998)
- Sharon Osbourne – Revenge (2009)
- Nicole Richie – The Truth About Diamonds (2005) and Priceless (2010)
- Joan Rivers – Murder at the Academy Awards (2009)
- Wesley Snipes – After Dark Series (2010)
- Britney Spears – A Mother’s Gift (2001)
- Sylvester Stallone – Paradise Alley (1977)
- David Thewlis – The Late Hector Kipling
- Courtney Thorne-Smith – Outside In (2007)
- John Travolta – Propeller One-Way Night Coach
- Ivana Trump – For Love Alone (1992) and Free To Love (1993)
- Blair Underwood – From Cape Town With Love
- Gloria Vanderbilt – Obsession: An Erotic Tale
- Gene Wilder – What is This Thing Called Love? (2010), My French Whore (2008) and The Woman Who Wouldn’t (2008)
Please keep in mind that this list is not complete. These are just a few names and titles that I came across in my searches.
I hope you take the time to check some of these stories out.
There are few that have great back stories, like for instance, Johnny Cash’s “Man in White” is a biblical fiction book about the Apostle Paul. Really. I’m not kidding! lol